Friday, April 17, 2009

The Spectrum Comes into Focus

Maybe this really isnt all that confusing. Or I'm becoming used to the ambiguity. I guess it's just letting go the idea that thing are black and white and are either this or that, and those are the only options, and if you dont quite fit in...you just float around, unbelonging. The idea of a scale is man-made, reality is, gender is a spectrum. Like when youre in word document, and youre looking for more color options to get the text just the right color, so you make that hexagon spectrum pop up? Yeah, like that.
I thought I had myself figured out, I thought I was just a guy in a chick's body, simple, right? Not so, when I was dragged to clothes shopping with a friend, and encountered the frilliest, fluffiest pink tutu I'd ever seen. And I thought it was the greatest thing ever. And that I would look dashing in it. My downfall.
But I'm not attracted to men physically or romantically, sooo I'm not gay. Just a crossdresser. The point is my friends think Im crazy. Oh well.
But I was right about one thing- I looked awesome in that tutu! And Doc Martens, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment